The book definition of CrossFit is that which optimizes fitness through constantly varied functional movements performed at relatively high intensity. Well… you may be saying to yourself, “Okay, that sounds interesting but what does it really mean?” Well, let’s start with the heart of the definition and build around it. The word “functional” is at the heart of CrossFit.
At Chemical City CrossFit, you will not be doing barbell curls, you will not be doing leg presses, you will not be doing lat pull downs…those movements are not functional. They do not translate into anything functional in your daily life. One step into Chemical City CrossFit and it will be clear…this gym is different. There are no machines because YOU are the machine!
CROSSFIT IS FUNCTIONAL:
- CrossFit involves squats…you squat many times during the day, like when you go from sitting to standing.
- Crossfit involves pressing and pulling things relative to your body…movements repeated in your daily routine.
- CrossFit involves strengthening your core (your abdominals, hip flexors, and lower and mid-back muscles)…the core is one of the keys to maintaining a high functioning existence!
- Squats, pressing, core strength are all functional in your daily life.
When you combine these functional movements within a varied and highly intense workout, you produce a level of fitness that translates into increased lean muscle mass, increased strength, increased stamina, and an overall increase in wellness.
Chemical City CrossFit is for you if you:
- Aren’t seeing results from your current workout
- Are bored with your current routine & are looking for something different
- Are looking for a community in addition to a place to workout
- Don’t like the impersonal “Globo-gyms”
- Want to find a way to get stronger or faster for your primary sport
- Think that you don’t have time to exercise
Who we serve:
Chemical City CrossFit is a diverse set of people including the young, middle-age and masters. It includes teachers, students, stay-at-home mom’s, professionals, elite athletes and people who have decided to try a structured exercise program for the first time ever. Regardless of what your background is, training at Chemical City CrossFit can benefit you!